Acupuncture can help support weight loss by restoring proper functioning of the hypothalamus, which secretes obesity-related hormones known as ghrelin and leptin. A study using animal models showed that electroacupuncture reduces food intake and body weight by increasing levels of leptin (the hormone that controls satiety and fat metabolism). Another study demonstrated that one month of acupuncture therapy in obese children (ages 10-13) significantly reduces BMI and abdominal adipose tissue.
Acupuncture can help people lose weight using a holistic, multi-level approach.
- Controls Appetite & Quells Food Cravings
- Improves Digestion & Enhances Nutrient Absorption
- Boosts Metabolism and Balances Obesity-Related Hormones
- Stabilizes Blood Sugar & Increases Energy
- Decreases Stress & Emotional Eating
- Supports the Liver in Metabolizing Fat